Steer clear of hunger without hitting the brakes—simply zap one of these frozen morning morsels in the microwave. This is my family's favorite combination, but try replacing the bacon with cooked breakfast sausage. —Audra Niederman, Aberdeen, South Dakota
- 12 bacon strips, diced
- 12 eggs, lightly beaten
- salt and pepper to taste
- flour tortillas (8-inch)
- 1.5 cup (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 0.5 cup thinly sliced green onions
- In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp; remove to paper towels. Drain, reserving 1-2 tablespoons drippings. Add eggs, salt and pepper to drippings; cook and stir over medium heat until the eggs are completely set.
- Spoon about 1/4 cup of egg mixture down the center of each tortilla; sprinkle with cheese, onions and reserved bacon. Fold bottom and sides of each tortilla over filling. Wrap each in waxed paper and aluminum foil. Freeze for up to 1 month.
- To use frozen burritos: Remove foil. Place waxed paper-wrapped burritos on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave at 60% power for 1 to 1-1/2 minutes or until heated through. Let stand for 20 seconds.
Note: This recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
For more great Breakfast Egg Recipes visit www.Tasteofhome.com.