Breakfast Biscuit Sandwiches
- 4 cup all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
- fried eggs, for serving
- Ounce sliced cheddar cheese
- Ounce sliced country ham
- 1.5 cup buttermilk
- 2 stick unsalted butter, cubed and chilled, plus more for spreading
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1.5 Tbsp baking powder
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter, cubed and chilled, plus more for spreading
- raspberry jam, for serving
1. Preheat the oven to 400° and position racks in the upper and lower thirds. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. In a large bowl, whisk the flour with the salt, baking powder and baking soda. Using a pastry blender or 2 knives, cut in the butter until it is the size of small peas. Add the buttermilk and stir until a shaggy dough forms.
2. Turn the dough out onto a floured surface; knead until it comes together. Pat the dough 3/4 inch thick. Using a 3 1/2-inch round cutter, stamp out as many biscuits as possible. Reroll the scraps and stamp out more biscuits.
3. Transfer the biscuits to the baking sheets and bake for about 30 minutes, until golden and risen, shifting the pans halfway through baking. Let the biscuits cool.
4. Split the biscuits and spread with butter. Preheat a griddle and cook the biscuits, cut side down, until golden. Fill the biscuits with ham, cheddar and fried eggs. Spread with raspberry jam, if desired. Close and serve.