Braised Greens with Tomatoes
Serving Size: 6
- 0.5 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 0.75 cup water
- 1 Pint grape tomato, halved
- freshly ground pepper
- 2 Pound sturdy greens, such as chard, mustard greens, kale, or young collards, stems and inner ribs removed leaves coarsely chopped
- 1 large jalapeño, seeded and sliced
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil. Add the onion, garlic and jalapeño and cook over moderate heat until softened, about 6 minutes.
- Add the greens, season with salt and pepper and toss to wilt. Stir in the tomatoes, water and vinegar, cover and cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until the greens are tender and the tomatoes are soft, 10 to 15 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and serve.
Make Ahead: The greens can be refrigerated overnight.
Recipe Credit: Grace Parisi
Image Credit: James Baigrie