Braised Chicken with Savory White Beans & Spinach
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast half (about 1 1/2 pound)
- 0.125 tsp ground black pepper
- 0.5 tsp dried oregano leaves or dried basil leaves, crushed
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 cup Prego® Heart Smart Onion and Garlic Italian Sauce
- 1 cup white kidney beans (cannellini), rinsed and drained
- Ounce fresh baby spinach
1. Season the chicken with the black pepper and oregano.
2. Heat the oil in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook for 10 minutes or until it's well browned on both sides.
3. Stir the sauce in the skillet and heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
4. Uncover the skillet. Stir in the beans and spinach and cook for 5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.