Serving Size: 8
- 1 12-inch round pie crust
- 3 large eggs
- 0.5 cup (packed) golden brown sugar
- 0.75 cup dark corn syrup
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 2 Tbsp bourbon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 0.25 tsp salt
- 2 cup pecan half or piece
- Place crust in 10-inch tart pan with removable bottom; press crust into pan. Trim overhang. Chill crust 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line crust with foil; fill with dried beans. Bake until crust is set and pale golden, about 30 minutes. Remove foil and beans. Bake crust until golden brown, about 10 minutes. Place pan with crust on rimmed baking sheet.
- Meanwhile, using electric mixer, beat eggs and sugar in medium bowl. Beat in corn syrup. Add butter, bourbon, vanilla, and salt; beat until blended. Stir in pecans.
- Pour pecan filling into hot crust. Bake until center of filling is set, about 25 minutes. Cool tart on rack 1 hour; remove pan sides. Serve slightly warm or at room temperature. DO AHEAD Can be made 8 hours ahead. Rewarm slightly before serving, if desired.
Recipe Credit: Carolyn Beth Weil
Image Credit: Elinor Carucci