Bourbon Peaches and Coconut Cream Pancakes with Bourbon Cream Syrup
First of all, I could eat the caramelized bourbon peaches all day. Really I could probably just keep spooning them into my mouth morning and night. They are incredible. But then there is the fluffy cream pancakes.
So darn fluffy it is insane. I chose to use coconut cream which I am hearing you can actually buy in the store already separated from the coconut water?
If coconut is not your thing you can easily swap in regular cream and whipped cream. Still awesome.
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil, melted or butter
- 0.5 cup canned coconut milk (you may sub heavy cream if you do not like coconut)
- 1 egg
- 0.25 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup flour
- 1 Tbsp bourbon
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar, divided
- 2 peaches, divided
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
Bourbon Cream Syrup
- 0.75 cup maple syrup
- toasted coconut, for serving (optional)
- coconut whipped cream* or whipped cream, for serving
- 2 Tbsp canned coconut milk or heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 0.25 cup bourbon
- To make the syrup, add the maple syrup, bourbon, butter and coconut milk to a small sauce pot. Bring to a boil and then reduce to low. Simmer for 5 to 10 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and add a pat of butter. Slice one peach and dice the other. Add the sliced peach to the skillet and sprinkle with 1/2 a tablespoon of brown sugar. Cook for 2 or 3 minutes and then flip and cook another 2 or 3 minutes or until caramelized and soft. Remove from the heat and add a splash of bourbon to the pan. Toss well and then remove and slide the peaches on to a plate. Return the skillet to the stove and add more butter if needed. Add the diced peaches to the skillet and sprinkle with 1/2 a tablespoon of brown sugar. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat and add a splash of bourbon to the pan. Toss well and keep warm.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, 1 tablespoon brown sugar, baking powder and salt until combined. In a smaller bowl, whisk together the coconut milk, egg, melted coconut oil or butter and the vanilla extract, then mix it into the dry ingredients until a batter forms.
- Heat a large skillet or griddle over medium-low to low heat. Once hot, add a bit of butter and about a 1/4 cup of batter. Place 3 or 4 of the sliced peaches right on top of the the pancakes. Cook until bubbles appear on top, then flip and cook for 1-2 minutes more. Repeat!
- Serve the pancakes with coconut whipped cream* or whipped cream, then top with the remaining diced bourbon peaches and pour on the bourbon cream syrup.
Makes 12 pancakes
Read more from Half Baked Harvest.