Blueberry Yogurt Scones
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- a couple teaspoons milk
- 0.5 cup dried blueberries
- 0.67 cup full-fat vanilla yogurt
- 1 egg
- 5 Tbsp cold butter
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp + 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 Tbsp sugar
- an additional ½ teaspoon sugar
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Cut in the butter with two butter knives or a pastry cutter, trying not to leave any big chunks of butter in the flour.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the egg and yogurt. Add it to the flour and butter mixture, along with the dried blueberries. Fold the mixture together with a spatula, trying your best not to overwork the dough. If the dough is looking a bit dry, you can add some whole milk a tablespoon at a time until it comes together.
- Using the spatula, just start taking chunks of dough and shape them roughly into little mounds onto a sheet pan lined with nonstick foil. You should have enough dough for about 10 to 12 scones.
- Then mix 1/2 teaspoon sugar with 2 teaspoons of milk and brush the top of each scone. Pop these into the oven and turn the temperature down to 400 degrees. Bake for about 12 minutes until golden.
For the full post, visit The Woks of Life.