Blueberry-Sour Cream Muffins
- 0.5 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- 0.33 cup all-purpose flour
1. Make the topping: Preheat the oven to 375°. In a medium bowl, combine the brown sugar, flour, butter and cinnamon. Rub with your fingers to form coarse crumbs. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- 0.75 tsp finely grated lemon zest
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 0.75 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 0.25 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1.5 cup plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup frozen blueberry
2. Make the muffins: Butter a 12-cup muffin pan. In a medium bowl, whisk the 1 1/2 cups of flour with the baking powder, baking soda and salt. In a large bowl, using a handheld mixer, beat the egg at medium speed until frothy. Add the sugar and melted butter and beat until pale yellow, 1 minute. Beat in the sour cream, vanilla and lemon zest until blended. Add the dry ingredients and beat at low speed until almost blended. In a bowl, toss the blueberries with the remaining 1 tablespoon of flour. Using a rubber spatula, fold the blueberries into the batter.
3. Fill the muffin cups three-fourths full of batter and sprinkle with the topping. Bake for 25 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean. Remove the muffins from the pan and let cool on a rack.
MAKE AHEAD: The muffins can be stored in an airtight container for up to 3 days.