Blueberry Hemp Smoothie
This smoothie marked my inaugural use of hemp seeds. I wasn’t sure what to do with hemp or whether I would like it, but I found that the seeds added a nice texture and nutty flavor to my smoothie. They also made a smoothie more of a filling meal because of their fat, protein, and fiber content.
Remember that smoothies need to be viewed as a meal or hearty snack rather than a drink. As long as you don’t drink smoothies down like water and keep the portion size reasonable, these thick fruity treats make a healthy and delicious breakfast, lunch, or snack. This Blueberry Hemp Smoothie is especially nutty and creamy because of the seeds and almond butter…mmmm.
- 1 Tbsp almond butter
- 1.5 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 cup vanilla soy milk
- 0.5 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 cup ice cube
- 1 banana, fresh or frozen
- 0.25 cup hemp seed
- Combine soy milk, yogurt, almond butter, and hemp in a blender.
- Add frozen fruit (break banana into chunks) and ice cubes and pulse until smoothie is thick and smooth.
- Add more ice cubes if you like a thicker smoothie.
Read more from Eating Made Easy.