The Blue Steel
- 2 Ounce gold rum
- orange wheels, for garnish
- 0.5 Ounce blue curaçao
- crushed ice
- 1 dash of Angostura bitters
- 0.25 Ounce orgeat (almond-flavored syrup)
- 0.25 Ounce passion fruit juice
- 0.5 Ounce fresh lime juice
- 0.5 Ounce simple syrup (see Note)
- lime wheels, for garnish
1. In a cocktail glass, stir everything except the ice, blue curaçao and garnishes. Add crushed ice and mix with a swizzle stick or bar spoon, then pack more crushed ice on top. Pour the blue curaçao over the drink and garnish with orange and lime wheels.
Note: To make simple syrup, simmer 1/2 cup water with 1/2 cup granulated sugar, stirring frequently until the sugar has dissolved. Let cool.