Black-Bean Turkey Chili
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Can (15-ounce) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 Can (15-ounce) tomato sauce
- 1 Can (14-ounce) chopped tomato
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 Tbsp New Mexico chili powder
- 2 Tbsp ancho chile powder
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 clove garlic, minced
- ground pepper
- 1 Pound lean ground turkey, white meat only
- 4 corn tortillas
1. In a saucepan, heat the oil. Add the turkey, season with salt and pepper and cook over moderate heat, breaking up the meat, until white throughout, 4 minutes. Add the garlic, onion, chili powders and the cumin and cook, stirring, until fragrant, 5 minutes. Stir in the tomatoes, tomato sauce and 1 cup of water; bring to a simmer. Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until thickened, 45 minutes. Add the beans and simmer for 15 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, light a grill or heat a grill pan. Grill the tortillas over moderate heat until soft, 30 seconds per side; wrap in a towel.
3. Season the chili with salt and pepper and serve with the grilled tortillas.