Black Bean, Corn and Turkey Chili
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 Can (about 15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 cup Pace® Picante Sauce
- 1.75 cup Swanson® Chicken Broth or Swanson® Chicken Stock
- 0.25 tsp garlic powder or 1 clove garlic, minced
- 0.5 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp dried oregano leaves, crushed
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 large onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 Pound ground turkey
- 1 Can (15.25 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
1. Heat the oil in a 4-quart saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the turkey, onion, chili powder, cumin, oregano, black pepper and garlic powder. Cook until the turkey is cooked through, stirring often to separate meat.
2. Stir the broth, picante sauce, sugar, beans and corn in the saucepan and heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Serving Suggestion: Serve with warm restaurant-style tortilla chips. For dessert serve sliced watermelon and brownies.