Black Bean and Beer Chili
This is a hearty chili loaded with mushrooms, beans and peppers simmered in a tangy beer sauce.
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 6 Ounce beer
- 4 cup black beans, canned or cooked (If using canned, drain and rinse)
- 0.25 tsp cayenne pepper (or more depending how spicy you like it)
- 1.5 Tbsp chilil powder
- 0.5 Tbsp smoked paprika
- 0.25 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp oregano
- 1 Tbsp cumin
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 jalapenos, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 8 Ounce crimini mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 1 large can (28 oz.) crushed tomatoes
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium high heat. Add mushrooms and a pinch of salt and brown for 2-3 minutes, stirring often.
- Add the onion, red pepper, jalapenos, and stir for another 5 minutes, cooking until the onion is translucent.
- Add the garlic and the spices: cumin, oregano, cinnamon, smoked paprika, chili powder and cayenne. Stir to combine.
- Add in the black beans, beer, and crushed tomatoes. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer.
- Let cook for at least 1 hour over low heat, stirring occasionally, until thick.
- Serve with toppings of choice: chopped cilantro, cheese, avocado, sour cream, whatever you like!
For the full post, visit Delish Knowledge.