Black And Blue Beef Tenderloin
- 1 trimmed beef tenderloin (2 lb.)
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 Tbsp PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
- 0.5 cup BREAKSTONE'S or KNUDSEN Sour Cream
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 0.25 tsp black pepper
- 0.25 tsp salt
- 1 clove garlic, peeled, cut in half
- 2 Ounce ATHENOS crumbled blue cheese
- Heat oven to 425ºF.
- Rub outside of meat with cut garlic; season with salt and pepper. Heat oil in heavy ovenproof skillet on medium-high heat. Add meat; cook 10 min. or until browned on all sides, turning frequently. Remove excess oil from skillet.
- Bake meat in skillet 30 to 35 min. or until internal temperature reaches 145ºF. Remove from oven. Let stand 10 min. (Temperature will rise to 160ºF.)
- Meanwhile, combine next 4 ingredients until blended. Stir in blue cheese. Slice meat; serve with sauce.
Kraft Kitchens Tips
Keeping it Safe: For medium-rare meat, remove from oven when internal temperature reaches 135ºF. Let stand 10 min. Temperature will rise to 145ºF.
How To: To ovenproof a skillet, wrap handle with several layers of foil before using as directed.
Serving Suggestion: Serve with a baked potato and 1/2 cup steamed vegetables to round out the meal!