Bittersweet Chocolate Skeleton Cookies
Won’t these little chocolate skeleton cookies be adorable at your child’s Halloween party? Make a batch to bring to work or school as well.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 0.75 cup unsweetened dark cocoa
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1.25 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 0.5 cup canola oil
- 0.5 cup butter, softened
Cookie recipe adapted from Cooking Light
- Cream together the sugar, butter, oil & vanilla.
- Beat eggs, then mix in. Add flour, cocoa & salt, and mix well.
- Knead dough then roll out between sheets of plastic wrap.
- Chill dough for about ½ an hour.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Powder surface lightly with cocoa powder, and peel back plastic wrap to lay out dough sheet. Cut out gingerbread man shapes and place on baking sheets.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, until set.
- Let cookies cool in pan for 3 minutes before transferring to cooling rack to finish cooling.
- 1 Tbsp milk
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp corn syrup
- Mix powdered sugar, milk and corn syrup in a small bowl until smooth.
- Transfer to piping bag or zippered bag to pipe the skeleton shape onto cookies.
- Leave space between the lines or they will run together.
- Leave cookies undisturbed for at least an hour for icing to set.
For the full post, visit Mom Foodie.