Biscuits and Sausage Gravy
- 2 cup self-rising all-purpose flour
- 0.33 cup vegetable shortening
- 0.75 cup milk
- 1 Can (14 1/2 ounces) Campbell's® Country Style Sausage Gravy
1. Heat the oven to 450°F.
2. Place the flour and shortening into a medium bowl. Cut in the shortening using a pastry blender or two knives until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add the milk and stir just until blended.
3. Place the dough on a lightly floured surface and knead until it holds together. Pat the dough into a 8x6-inch rectangle. Cut into 6 biscuits. Place the biscuits onto a baking sheet.
4. Bake for 10 minutes or until the biscuits are golden brown. Heat the gravy in a 1-quart saucepan over medium-high heat until hot and bubbling. Split the biscuits and serve topped with the gravy.
*If you don't have self-rising flour on hand, substitute a mixture of 2 cups all-purpose flour, 3 teaspoons baking powder and 1/2 teaspoon salt.