Bird Bakery Granola
Whether sprinkled on top of your favorite ice cream or combined with yogurt and fruit for a balanced breakfast, our granola is the perfect combination of salty and sweet. Guests order jars of it by the case, because it's so uniquely different. Brown sugar replaces white sugar and olive oil is used in place of butter to create a light crunch that makes it nearly impossible to resist.
- 5 cup old-fashioned oats
- 0.67 cup organic extra virgin olive oil
- 0.67 cup organice grade A maple syrup
- 0.5 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 0.5 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp sea salt
- 0.67 cup unsalted pumpkin seed
- 2 cup unsalted pistachios
- 2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1.5 cup dried cherries
- Heat oven to 275°. Line two baking sheets with parchment; set aside. In a large bowl, mix together oats, coconut, pistachios, pumpkin seeds and sea salt. set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar, maple syrup and olive oil, stirring over low heat until the sugar dissolves completely. pour over oat mixture. Stir well.
- Spread onto sheets evenly. Bake until golden, about 20-25 minutes, rotating pan once at 10 minutes. Cool at room temperature. Break up granola; sprinkle with dried cherries. store in an airtight container. Enjoy!