The Best Vegan Chili
- 0.5 yellow onion, chopped
- 4 cup vegetable broth
- 1 Can organic no salt added diced tomatoes
- 1 Can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 Can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 Can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 0.25 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 2 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 12 Ounce gluten-free beer (or replace with another cup of vegetable broth)
- In a large pot, sauté the onion in the olive oil until translucent (2-3 minutes). Mix the seasonings into the onion and cook for seconds until fragrant. Add the remainder of the ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Turn the heat to medium to medium/high heat and simmer uncovered until the liquid begins to evaporate (which allows the flavors to heighten when you do this). This will take about 20 minutes or longer, stirring continuously. Turn off heat once the chili has thickened up and most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Serve with a sprinkle of the spice crack, non-dairy sour cream (optional) and cilantro.
For the full post, visit Fork and Beans.