Berry-Topped French Toast Bagels
Berry-Topped French Toast Bagels made with Cobblestone’s Original Bagels is the perfect breakfast to avoid breakfast boredom and kick-start a great day. After all, what could be better first thing in the morning than French toast bagels slathered with cream cheese, piled high with gorgeous fruit and dusted with powdered sugar – nothing!
- 2 Tbsp butter
- pinch of kosher salt
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk
- 4 large eggs
- 4 Cobblestone Bread Co. Bagels
- In a shallow dish, whisk together eggs, milk, vanilla extract, cinnamon, sugar and salt.
- Heat jelly/jam in a small bowl in the microwave on HIGH for a few seconds until melted; stir & set aside.
- Combine fruit in a medium bowl, set aside.
- In a large skillet or griddle, heat butter over medium-high heat.
- Dip bagel half in the egg/milk mixture, allow the egg mixture to soak into the bagel then shake off the excess and place it on the hot griddle. Repeat the process with other bagel halves until there are four half bagels on the griddle.
- Cook until bagels are golden brown then flip them over to cook the other side until golden brown. (Repeat with all eight bagel halves.)
- powdered sugar for dusting
- 0.25 cup jelly or jam
- 0.5 cup diced melon
- 0.5 cup blueberries
- 4 large strawberries, chopped
- 4 Ounce cream cheese
- opt. sugared pecans
- Remove bagels from the heat, spread with cream cheese, top with berries, drizzle with warm jam/jelly and sprinkle with powdered sugar and, if desired, sugared pecans.
For the full post, visit Simply Sated.
Compensation for this post was provided by Cobblestone Bread Co. via AOL Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Cobblestone Bread Co. or AOL.