Berry Nutella French Toast Bake
This make-ahead Berry Nutella French Toast Bake is the perfect way to start any day! Especially a great day.
- 1 8-oz. loaf French bread, sliced into thick slices
- 1.5 cup egg whites (or 8 large eggs)
- 2 cup skim milk
- 0.25 cup sugar
- 0.75 cup Nutella, melted
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 cup blackberries
- 0.25 cup mini chocolate chips
- Spray a 9-by-13-inch baking dish.
- Arrange bread in a tight, flat layer in dish. The bread should be as close together as possible.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs with milk, sugar and melted Nutella until blended. Pour over bread.
- Arrange berries over the bread. I made sure to place a berry in an gap between pieces of bread. Use as many berries as you like!
- Sprinkle mini chocolate chips over the top.
- Cover tightly and refrigerate for 6-8 hours (overnight is best)
- Remove baking dish from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Pour cream into a small pan; bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce to low heat and simmer until reduced by half, about 10-12 minutes.
- Drizzle over berries and bake, uncovered, until casserole is lightly browned on top and just cooked through, 50 to 55 minutes.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
- Also good served with a dollop of cool whip, if you're having an especially great morning!
For the full post, visit The Cookie Rookie.