Beet and Carrot Salad with Pomegranate and Pumpkin Seeds
Beet and Carrot Salad with Pomegranate and Pumpkin Seeds has just a few fruits and veggies, but it packs a huge punch of flavor in addition to the obvious nutritional benefits. If you want to detox (or just like eating healthy), but don’t want to be restricted to nibbling on leafy greens, this salad is the way to go.
- 1 small red onion, diced small
- 0.25 tsp ground black pepper
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 1.5 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1.5 Tbsp pomegranate molasses
- 1.5 Tbsp balsamic vinegar (or fresh lemon juice)
- Stir together all ingredients for the dressing and set aside so the flavors can blend while you prep the veggies.
- 0.5 cup pomegranate arils
- 1 cup chopped organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 medium carrots (preferably organic), scrubbed and shredded
- 1 large beet (preferably organic), scrubbed and shredded
- 0.25 cup unsalted toasted pumpkin seeds
- Stir the beet, carrot, and parsley into the dressing, and then transfer to a shallow bowl. Sprinkle the pomegranate arils and pumpkin seeds on top. Serve.
Notes: You can peel the beet and carrots if you prefer; I like to buy organic veggies and give them a good scrub and leave the peel on to maximize nutrient intake.
For the full post, visit An Edible Mosaic.