Beer and Kraut Brats
- 8 Ounce 1/2 of a 16-ounce package thick-cut bacon, diced
- 1 Pound bratwurst, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 Can (12 fluid ounces) beer
- 1 Can (10 1/2 ounces) Campbell's® Condensed French Onion Soup
- 0.25 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 (16 ounces) fresh sauerkraut, drained (about 3 cups)
1. Cook the bacon in a 12-inch skillet over medium heat for 5 minutes or until crisp. Remove the bacon from the skillet and let drain on paper towels. Pour off the drippings.
2. Add the bratwurst to the skillet and cook until well browned, stirring occasionally.
3. Stir the beer, soup, brown sugar, sauerkraut and bacon in the skillet and heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cook for 15 minutes or until the bratwurst is cooked through, stirring occasionally.
Serving Suggestion: Serve over hot mashed potatoes or cooked egg noodles.