- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1.75 cup Swanson® Beef Broth or Swanson® Beef Stock
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp packed brown sugar
- 0.5 tsp beef top round steak, 3/4-inch thick, cut into very thin strips
- 1 boneless beef sirloin steak
- 1 Pound fresh or frozen broccoli florets
- 4 cup regular long-grain white rice, cooked according to package directions (about 3 cups)
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
1. Stir the cornstarch, broth, soy sauce, brown sugar and garlic powder in a small bowl until the mixture is smooth.
2. Stir-fry the beef in a 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until it's well browned, stirring often. Pour off any fat.
3. Add the broccoli to the skillet and cook for 1 minute. Stir in the cornstarch mixture. Cook and stir until the mixture boils and thickens. Serve the beef mixture over the rice.
Ingredient Note: To make slicing easier, freeze the beef for 1 hour before slicing.