Beef Tenderloin with Cherry Port Sauce & Gorgonzola
- 4 beef tenderloin steak, 1-inch thick (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1 Tbsp butter
- dried cranberry
- 0.5 cup dried cherry
- 0.75 cup tawny port wine or other semi-sweet wine
- 1 cup Swanson® Beef Stock
- 1 medium onion, cut in half and sliced (about 1 cup)
- vegetable cooking spray
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh thyme leaves or 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves, crushed
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 0.25 cup crumbled gorgonzola or blue cheese
1. Season the beef with the black pepper and thyme.
2. Spray a 10-inch nonstick skillet with the cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat for 1 minute. Add the beef and onion and cook the beef for 10 minutes for rare or to desired doneness. Remove the beef and onion from the skillet and keep warm.
3. Add the stock, wine and cherries to the skillet. Reduce the heat to medium. Cook for 10 minutes or until the sauce is reduced to about 1 1/2 cups. Stir in the butter. Serve the sauce with the beef. Sprinkle with the cheese.