Beef, Asparagus & Portobello Stir-Fry
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 0.5 cup roasted red pepper strips
- 2 large portobello mushroom, sliced
- 1 Pound asparagus, cut into 2-inch diagonal pieces (about 4 cups)
- 1 boneless beef sirloin steak, 3/4-inch thick (about 1 pound), cut into very thin strips
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp packed brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 1.75 cup Swanson® Beef Broth or Swanson® Beef Stock
- 0.25 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 cup regular long-grain white rice, cooked according to package directions without salt
1. Stir the cornstarch, black pepper, broth, soy sauce, brown sugar and garlic powder in a medium bowl until the mixture is smooth.
2. Cook the beef in a 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until it's browned, stirring often. Pour off any fat.
3. Add the asparagus, mushrooms and pepper to the skillet. Reduce the heat to medium. Stir the cornstarch mixture in the skillet. Cook and stir until the mixture boils and thickens. Serve the beef mixture over the rice.
Helper: For easier slicing, freeze the beef for 1 hour before slicing.