- 2 package (5.25 ounce each) Pepperidge Farm® Brussels® Cookies (30 cookies)
- 4 square (1 ounce each) semi-sweet chocolate, melted
- 0.25 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 container (8 ounce) sour cream
- 4 eggs
- 1.25 cup sugar
- 4 package (8 ounce each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 Tbsp butter, melted
- food coloring
1. Heat the oven to 325°F. Place 15 cookies and butter into a food processor. Cover and process until crumbs form. Press the crumb mixture into the bottom of a 9-inch round springform pan.
2. Beat the cream cheese and sugar in a medium bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed until the mixture is smooth. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the sour cream, vanilla extract and flour.
3. Reserve 5 cookies to make Bat Cookies. Crush the remaining cookies in a resealable plastic bag with a rolling pin.
4. Spoon 3 cups cheese mixture into a medium bowl. Stir in the chocolate and crushed cookies.
5. Tint the remaining cheese mixture orange with the food coloring.
6. Spoon both batters alternately into the pan. Gently pull a knife through the batter to swirl.
7. Bake for 50 minutes or until set. Let the cheesecake cool completely in the pan on a wire rack. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours. Decorate the cake with the Bat Cookies.
Bat Cookies: Cut each reserved cookie in half. Place 2 cookie halves side-by-side, with the cut edge facing you, on a wax paper-lined baking sheet. Place 2 squares (1 ounce each) semi-sweet chocolate ino a resealable plastic bag. Seal the bag. Microwave on MEDIUM for 30 seconds. Stir. Repeat until the chocolate is melted and smooth. Cut off one corner of the bag. Squeeze the chocolate in the middle of each cookie pair to join. Add 2 mini chocolate-coated candies for “eyes”. Let stand until set.