Basil Cheese Polenta Wedges
- 3.5 cup Swanson® Chicken Broth (Regular, Natural Goodness® or Certified Organic)
- 1.5 cup stone ground yellow cornmeal
- 1 bay leaf
- 0.125 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1 tsp dried basil leaves, crushed
- 0.5 cup grated parmesan cheese
1. Heat the broth, cornmeal, bay leaf and black pepper in a 3-quart saucepan over medium heat to a boil. Stir in the oil. Cook and stir for 10 minutes or until the mixture is thickened.
2. Remove and discard the bay leaf. Stir the basil and cheese in the saucepan. Spread the polenta in a greased 9-inch pie plate. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until the polenta is firm.
3. Cut the polenta into 6 wedges. Grill, Bake or Pan-Fry the polenta. Serve topped with meat sauce, roasted vegetables or grated Parmesan cheese, if desired.
To Grill: Brush the wedges on both sides with olive oil. Place on a hot grill and cook for 4 minutes, turning the wedges over once during grilling.
To Bake: Heat the oven to 375°F. Place the wedges on a greased baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes or until the wedges are browned and crispy, turning the wedges over once during baking.
To Pan-Fry: Heat oil in a nonstick skillet. Add the wedges in 2 batches and cook for 10 minutes or until the wedges are browned and crispy, turning them over once during cooking.