Barbecue Shrimp with Avocado Salad
Serving Size: 6
This quick and easy shrimp is flavored with plenty of Worcestershire, making it hearty and bold.
- 3 Tbsp canola oil
- sliced scallions, for garnish
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter, cut into tablespoons
- kosher salt
- 24 large shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 0.5 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 0.75 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 0.5 tsp chopped thyme
- 0.25 cup dry white wine
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- In a medium saucepan, heat 1 tablespoon of the canola oil. Add the shallot and garlic and cook over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 3 minutes. Stir in the wine and thyme and cook until reduced by half, about 2 minutes. Add the Worcestershire sauce and broth and cook until reduced to ½ cup, about 15 minutes.
- In a large skillet, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of canola oil. Season the shrimp with salt and pepper. Cook over moderately high heat, turning once, for 2 minutes total. Stir in the sauce and cook, stirring, until thickened, about 2 minutes. Stir in the butter until incorporated and season with salt. Transfer the shrimp to a platter and garnish with scallions.
- 1 fennel bulb, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 2 romaine hearts (10 ounces), chopped
- 2 Hass avocados—pitted, peeled and cut into wedges
- 3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 0.25 cup plus 2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 radishes, thinlys sliced
- In a large bowl, whisk the olive oil with the lemon juice. Add the avocados, romaine, fennel and radishes, season with salt and toss to coat. Serve the salad with the shrimp.
Recipe Credit: Colby Garrelts
Image Credit: Christina Holmes