Banana-Stuffed French Toast
- 0.5 cup cholesterol-free egg substitute
- 0.5 cup non-fat milk
- 0.25 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 4 slice Pepperidge Farm® Whole Grain 100% Whole Wheat Bread
- vegetable cooking spray
- 1 medium banana
- cinnamon sugar
- 0.5 Pint fresh blueberry
- 0.5 cup maple syrup
1. Beat the egg substitute, milk and vanilla extract in a 2-quart shallow baking dish with a fork or whisk. Add the bread slices and turn to coat. Let stand for 5 minutes.
2. Spray a 12-inch skillet with the cooking spray and heat over medium heat for 1 minute. Add the bread slices and cook until they're lightly browned on both sides.
3. Place 1 toast onto a plate. Top with half the banana and another toast. Sprinkle with the cinnamon-sugar and 1/2 cup blueberries. Repeat with the remaining ingredients. Serve with the syrup.
Helper: For the cinnamon-sugar, stir 1 tablespoon sugar and 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon in a small bowl.