Banana Split French Toast
Serving Size: 4
Strawberry Maple Syrup
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, chopped
- 0.5 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup maple syrup
- In a small saucepan, place the maple syrup, strawberries, and vanilla.
- Cook over medium heat. When the mixture begins to boil, lower the heat to medium low. Continue to cook, stirring occasionally to prevent mixture to sticking at the bottom of the pan. The syrup is ready once strawberries begins to breakdown. About 5 minutes, remove from heat and serve warm immediately.
- 8 thick slices of a day-old french bread
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 0.67 cup milk
- 4 eggs
- Beat the eggs, milk and cinnamon together.
- Whisk until well blended and pour into a shallow bowl.
- Dip each slice of bread into the egg mixture, allowing bread to soak up some of the mixture.
- Melt some butter over a large skillet on medium high heat. Add as many slices of bread onto the skillet as will fit at a time. Fry until brown on both sides, flipping the bread when necessary. About 2 minutes per side.
- cut strawberries
- chopped walnuts or pecans
- fresh cut bananas
- whipped cream
- Serve hot and top with the strawberry maple syrup, bananas, whipped cream, walnuts and strawberries.
For the full post, visit Fit, Fun & Delish.