Banana Sour Cream Cake
- 1 package yellow cake mix
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 3)
- 1 cup BREAKSTONE'S or KNUDSEN Sour Cream
- 3 eggs
- 0.25 cup oil
- 8 Ounce PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
- 0.5 cup butter, softened
- 16 Ounce powdered sugar
- 1 cup finely chopped Planters walnut
- HEAT oven to 350°F.
- BEAT first 5 ingredients with mixer on low speed just until moistened, stopping frequently to scrape bottom and side of bowl. Beat on medium speed 2 min. Pour into greased and floured 13x9-inch pan.
- BAKE 35 min. or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely.
- BEAT cream cheese and butter with mixer until well blended. Gradually beat in sugar.
- REMOVE cake from pan. Carefully cut cake crosswise in half using serrated knife. Place 1 cake half, top-side down, on plate; spread with some of the frosting. Top with remaining cake half, top-side up. Spread top and sides with remaining frosting. Press nuts into sides. Keep refrigerated.
Kraft Kitchens tips:
Prepare using BREAKSTONE'S Reduced Fat or KNUDSEN Light Sour Cream.
HOW TO NEATLY FROST THE CAKE
Freeze cake layers about 20 min. before frosting. This helps to set the crumbs on the cut edges of the cake layers so they don't pull up into the frosting. And don't worry if the frosting does not look perfect on the sides of the cake - the nuts will cover any imperfections.
HOW TO PREPARE IN ROUND CAKE PANS
Prepare cake batter as directed; pour into 2 greased and floured 8- or 9-inch round pans. Bake 30 to 35 min. or until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool 10 min. in pans on wire racks; remove from pans to wire racks. Cool completely. Fill and frost with PHILADELPHIA Walnut Frosting. Keep refrigerated.