Banana Multigrain Bars
- cooking spray
- 1.5 cup multi-grain hot cereal
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 2.25 Ounce all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg
- 0.5 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 0.25 cup honey
- 0.33 cup packed brown sugar
- 0.5 cup mashed ripe banana
- 0.25 cup chopped pecans
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Coat a foil-lined 8-inch square metal baking pan with cooking spray.
Place banana and next 5 ingredients in a medium bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until blended.
Weigh or lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Combine flour and salt in a bowl, stirring with a whisk. Gradually add flour mixture to banana mixture. Stir in cereal and pecans.
Spoon batter into prepared pan. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack. Cut into bars.
* Young chefs can mash the banana and pour the flour mixture into the banana mixture.
Recipe from The Ultimate Kid-Approved Cookbook by Editors of Cooking Light Magazine/Oxmoor House, 2011.