Banana Cake with Coconut and Creamy Honey Frosting
This moist and fluffy Banana Cake with Coconut and Creamy Honey Frosting is not just extremely delicious but super quick, easy and healthy!
For the Cake
- 1.5 cup oat flour (or all purpose flour)
- 0.5 cup shredded coconut
- 2 large bananas, mashed
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 0.5 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 0.25 cup coconut oil (or canola oil)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 0.125 tsp nutmeg
- 0.25 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 0.5 tsp baking powder
- 0.5 tsp baking soda
- Preheat oven to 335°F / 190°C. Spray an 8×8 square dish or a 8 inch round cake pan with non stick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine all the dry ingredients except for the sugar. Set aside.
- In a second bowl, whisk sugar, oil, eggs, vanilla extract and applesauce together. Mash the bananas with a folk and mix into the wet ingredients. Add the shredded coconut. Slowly incorporate the dry ingredients into the wet until just combined.
- Pour into your greased dish and bake for about 30-40 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean when inserted (Depending on your oven and the form you are using it might take a little longer, if you decide to cake the cake in a 6 inch form, you will have to bake it for about 60 minutes). Cool completely.
For the Frosting
- 4 Tbsp honey
- 8 Ounce cream cheese
- 0.25 cup powdered sugar
- To make the frosting, whip the cream cheese, honey and sugar with an electric mixer until well combined and creamy.
- Scoop the frosting in a piping bag with a large round tip attached and decorate the cake.
For the full post, visit Sugary & Buttery.