Banana Cake with Coconut and Creamy Honey Frosting
Serving Size: 12
This moist and fluffy Banana Cake with Coconut and Creamy Honey Frosting is not just extremely delicious but super quick, easy and healthy!
For the Cake
- 1.5 cup oat flour (or all purpose flour)
- 0.5 cup shredded coconut
- 2 large bananas, mashed
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 0.5 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 0.25 cup coconut oil (or canola oil)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 0.125 tsp nutmeg
- 0.25 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 0.5 tsp baking powder
- 0.5 tsp baking soda
- Preheat oven to 335°F / 190°C. Spray an 8×8 square dish or a 8 inch round cake pan with non stick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine all the dry ingredients except for the sugar. Set aside.
- In a second bowl, whisk sugar, oil, eggs, vanilla extract and applesauce together. Mash the bananas with a folk and mix into the wet ingredients. Add the shredded coconut. Slowly incorporate the dry ingredients into the wet until just combined.
- Pour into your greased dish and bake for about 30-40 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean when inserted (Depending on your oven and the form you are using it might take a little longer, if you decide to cake the cake in a 6 inch form, you will have to bake it for about 60 minutes). Cool completely.
For the Frosting
- 4 Tbsp honey
- 8 Ounce cream cheese
- 0.25 cup powdered sugar
- To make the frosting, whip the cream cheese, honey and sugar with an electric mixer until well combined and creamy.
- Scoop the frosting in a piping bag with a large round tip attached and decorate the cake.
For the full post, visit Sugary & Buttery.