Banana Bread Pancakes
Pancakes are the ultimate breakfast indulgence. So, how about a pancake that makes you feel as good as it tastes? Chock full of nature’s finest ingredients, these pancakes are made with bananas, coconut milk, and almond flour. This classic comfort food that just happens to be gluten free, sugar free, and dairy free.
- 2 mashed banana
- toasted almonds & toasted coconut; for serving
- pinch of nutmeg
- 1.25 cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 1.25 tsp baking powder
- 0.5 cup gluten free oat flour
- 0.5 cup almond flour
- 2 eggs
- 1.25 tsp vanilla extract
- 0.5 cup coconut milk
- coconut oil for frying
- Combine all wet ingredients (banana, coconut milk, eggs, vanilla) with a whisk.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together all dry ingredients (almond flour, oat flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.)
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients using a wooden spoon. Mix just until combined, and until no lumps are visible. (Overmixing will cause tough pancakes!)
- Melt coconut oil over low heat in a saucepan. Drop 1/4 cups of dough and fry over medium heat, 2-3 minutes per side. Pancakes are ready when they are golden brown on both sides, and cooked through.
- To serve, top with toasted almonds, toasted coconut, and maple syrup. Enjoy!
Variation: For a sweeter pancake, add 1/2 evaporated cane juice to the wet ingredients, proceed with recipe as directed. Can also add 1/2 cup mini-chocolate chips. (We also love it with 3 tbs. peanut butter mixed into the batter!)
For the full post, visit Sweet Loren's.