Baked Shrimp Risotto
In her cheater’s risotto, Kay Chun doesn’t bother with stirring; instead, she bakes the rice in the oven, then adds shrimp and cheese at the very end.
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter
- cooked shelled large shrimp
- 0.5 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, plus more for garnish
- 3.5 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 5 garlic cloves, sliced
- pesto sauce, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 400°. In an enameled medium cast-iron casserole, heat the olive oil. Add the garlic and rice and cook over moderate heat, stirring, until very fragrant, 2 minutes. Stir in the broth and bring to a boil. Cover and bake for about 20 minutes, until the rice is tender. Stir in the 1/2 cup of cheese, the shrimp, butter and lemon juice; season with salt. Serve drizzled with pesto and garnished with cheese.
Recipe Credit: Kay Chun
Image Credit: Christina Holmes