Baked Onion Chicken
- 1 envelope (about 1 ounce) dry onion soup and recipe mix
- 12 skinless, boneless chicken thigh (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast half
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- 0.125 tsp ground black pepper
- cracker crumb
- 0.67 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 Tbsp butter, melted
1. Crush the soup mix in the envelope with a rolling pin. Stir the soup mix, bread crumbs and black pepper on a plate. Beat the egg and water in a shallow dish.
2. Dip the chicken into the egg mixture. Coat the chicken with the crumb mixture. Place the chicken onto a baking sheet. Drizzle with the butter, if desired.
3. Bake at 400°F. for 20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked though.
Tip: To make 2/3 cup cracker crumbs, finely crush 16 saltine crackers.