Baked Garden Ratatouille
- 6 small boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1-1/2 lb.)
- 1.5 cup KRAFT shredded mozzarella cheese with a TOUCH OF PHILADELPHIA
- 2 tsp chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley, divided
- 6 plum tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup cremini mushrooms, quartered
- 1 zucchini, trimmed, cut lengthwise in half, then crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 1 small eggplant trimmed, cut lengthwise in half, then crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 0.5 cup sliced onion
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 loaf rustic white bread (12 oz.), sliced
- HEAT oven to 375°F.
- COOK chicken in large nonstick ovenproof skillet on medium heat 4 min. on each side or until each breast is lightly browned on both sides. Remove from skillet; set aside.
- ADD oil, onions and garlic to skillet; cook and stir 2 min. Stir in remaining vegetables, 1 Tbsp. parsley, rosemary and thyme; cook and stir 4 min. Top with chicken.
- BAKE 15 min. or until chicken is done (165ºF). Top with cheese; bake 5 min. or until melted. Serve with bread.
Kraft Kitchens tips:
BEST OF SEASON
When buying eggplant, look for one that is firm to the touch.
Substitute 1 drained 14.5-oz. can no-salt-added stewed tomatoes for the plum tomatoes.
If you don't have an ovenproof skillet, you can use a regular skillet instead. Just wrap handle with several layers of foil before using as directed.