Baked Eyeballs Casserole
- vegetable cooking spray
- 1 jar (1 pound 11.5 ounce) Prego® Italian Sausage Hearty Meat™ Meat Sauce
- 15 Ounce part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 0.75 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 7 cup bow tie-shaped pasta, cooked and drained
- 8 Ounce small fresh mozzarella cheese balls (about 1-inch)
- 2 Tbsp sliced pitted ripe olives
1. Spray a 13 x 9 x 2-inch shallow baking dish with the cooking spray.
2. Mix 1 1/2 cups pasta sauce, ricotta cheese, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese and pasta in the prepared dish. Spread the remaining pasta sauce over the pasta mixture. Sprinkle with the remaining Parmesan cheese and cover with foil.
3. Bake at 400°F. for 25 min. or until hot. Arrange the cheese balls randomly over the pasta mixture. Place a sliced olive on each cheese ball. Let stand for 10 min. before serving.
Easy Substitution Tip: If fresh mozzarella cheese balls are not available, substitute 1 package (8 oz.) fresh mozzarella cheese. Cut crosswise into thirds. Cut each third in 6 wedges, for triangle-shaped eyes.