Baked Eggnog Oatmeal with Apples and Walnuts
It’s time to break out the eggnog! Whether you make your own eggnog or buy a carton at the grocery store, this recipe for Baked Eggnog Oatmeal with Apples and Walnuts will offer you a festive breakfast treat for family and friends for the holidays.
- 2 cup eggnog, plus extra to serve with oatmeal
- 2 Tbsp cold butter, cut into small pieces, plus 1 tablespoon reserved
- 0.125 tsp salt
- 0.25 tsp ground nutmeg
- 0.5 tsp ground cinnamon
- 7 Tbsp brown sugar, divided
- 0.25 cup chopped, toasted walnuts, plus 3 tablespoons reserved
- 2 small apples, peeled, cored, and diced
- 1.67 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, add the eggnog, oats, apples, 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, 5 tablespoons brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Whisk to combine.
- Evenly divide the mixture and spoon it, mounding it slightly, into 4, 6-7-ounce ramekins.
- Top each ramekin evenly with the 2 tablespoons of butter cut into pieces.
- Bake for about 40 minutes, or until lightly golden. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool slightly.
- As the oatmeal cools slightly, add the reserved 1 tablespoon of butter, 2 tablespoons of brown sugar, and maple syrup to a sauce pan over medium heat. Stir to melt the butter and dissolve the sugar. Add the reserved 3 tablespoons chopped walnuts to the pan and stir to combine. Remove from the heat.
- Evenly divide the coated walnuts and use them as topping for each ramekin.
- Serve warm with extra eggnog to pour over the oatmeal.
For the full post, visit Grab A Plate.