Baked Egg Cups
The recipe is perfect for a family on the go: make a triple batch and keep in the fridge for quick breakfasts or healthy packed lunch protein. It can easily be adapted to include the type of optional cheese and vegetables your family likes best.
- 1 tsp butter
- 2 Tbsp cornmeal
- 4 eggs
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 0.5 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 0.5 cup wilted fresh spinach (about two large handfuls) or thawed frozen spinach or your favorite vegetable
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 0.5 cup shredded cheese (optional)
1. Butter two one-cup sized oven safe dishes.
2. Place 1 tablespoon cornmeal into each dish and turn to coat the butter with cornmeal.
3. In a small bowl, whisk eggs, salt, pepper and mustard. Stir in wilted spinach.
4. Pour egg mixture between two dishes. Top with shredded cheese, if using.
5. Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 25 minutes or until cooked through and browned on top.
6. Eat in the cup or turn out of cup to serve.
You can bake these cups ahead and store in the fridge for up to four days. Eat chilled or reheat for 30 seconds in a microwave.
Read more from Harmonious Homestead.