Bacon Mushroom Quiche
This Bacon Mushroom Quiche is pretty easy to make and can be customized with any of your favorite ingredients. Nevertheless, the classic combination of bacon and mushrooms with cheese and onions is both delicious and comforting as your morning meal.
- 1 (9-inch) pie crust (homemade or store bought)
- 1 tsp parsley
- 1 cup milk
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 carton sliced mushroom
- 0.5 cup onion, chopped
- 5 slices bacon
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place pie dough into a tart pan or a pie plate and set aside.
- Fry bacon over medium heat until cooked. Remove the bacon and drain on a paper towel and then crumble into the bottom of the pie dough.
- Use the rendered fat to cook the mushrooms and chopped onion and garlic.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Spread the mixture onto the bottom of the pie dough.
- Add the cheddar cheese.
- In a separate bowl, mix the eggs and milk together with a whisk.
- Pour egg mixture over the pie. Top with parsley and salt and pepper.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until the center is no longer runny.
- Let stand for at least 5 minutes to set before serving.
Read more from What Micky Eats.