Bacon Jalapeno Sausage Pizza with Sriracha Sauce
Thin Crust Pizza Dough
- 2.25 tsp (1 package) instant dry active yeast
- 2 tsp cornmeal
- 1.5 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 cup bread flour, plus extra for rolling
- 0.5 Tbsp sugar
- 1 cup warm water
- Make the dough: (Ahead of time. It will need 2 hours to rise). Add the water, yeast, sugar and a 1/2 cup of the flour into a mixing bowl. Whisk well; let sit for 20 minutes. It will become bubbly.
- Add olive oil, salt and 2 cups of flour to the mixing bowl; mix well using a spoon and then your hands until it's dry enough to work with.
- Knead on a lightly floured surface for 10 minutes. Add more flour, a little at a time, until a soft, elastic and slightly sticky dough forms.
- Brush the inside of a large bowl with oil. Place the ball of dough into the bowl, turning so that the dough is lightly coated in oil. Cover with a dish towel and let sit in a warm spot for 2 hours or until the dough doubles in size.
- Once the dough is finished rising, punch it down and place on a lightly floured surface. Roll dough with a rolling pin until it is 1/3 inch thick. (Split the dough in half and roll each out if making 2 smaller pizzas).
- 5 white mushrooms, sliced (optional)
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeno, sliced
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 6 Ounce smoked pork, shredded (optional)
- 4 slices bacon, cooked, chopped
- 6 Ounce summer sausage, chopped
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 0.25 cup marinara sauce
- When ready to cook: Light grill (or preheat oven) to 450 degrees. (Big Green Egg Directions: Preheat BGE to 600 degrees.)
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a skillet on the stovetop over medium-low heat. Add onions and honey; cook for up to 20 minutes or until onions are a deep brown color.
- In a small bowl, whisk together 2 teaspoons olive oil and sriracha.
- Optional: Bake bare crust for 3 minutes to "harden it" and to make it easier to pile toppings on.
- Spread marinara evenly over dough/crust. Top with mozzarella, sausage, pork, bacon, onions, jalapenos, red peppers and mushrooms. Drizzle with sriracha sauce.
- Dust pizza peel lightly with cornmeal (to prevent sticking). Transfer pizza to grill, oven or BGE. Cook for 5-7 minutes or until cheese is melted and pizza crust is crisp.
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp sriracha
For the full post, visit Drool Worthy.