Bacon Gouda Breakfast Sandwiches
Here’s some more timesaving tip! Cook the bacon ahead of time so all you have to do is grab it from the refrigerator. You can do the same thing with the folded eggs!
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 large eggs
- whole milk
- Cobblestone Bread Co. Plain English Muffins
- spreadable butter
- 2 slices gouda cheese
- 3 pieces of bacon, cooked
- Heat a small cast iron skillet on medium heat for 3 minutes. Then, add 1/2 Tablespoon unsalted butter to the skillet and melt. Add one large egg and a splash of milk to a small bowl or measuring cup. Beat egg with a fork until thoroughly combined. Add beaten egg to the skillet once the butter is melted.
- Cook 1 egg for 2 minutes, until set and flip over and cook for 30 to 45 more seconds. Set egg aside. Repeat with the second egg.
- Allow the eggs to cool for a couple of minutes and then fold the eggs so they fit on the English muffins. Just fold the sides of the round egg and tuck it underneath, be careful, the eggs are probably still really hot!
- Split two Cobblestone Bread Co. Plain English Muffins with a butter knife. Toast them to desired doneness using a toaster.
- Then, using a butter knife spread spreadable butter on the English muffins.
- Add the folded eggs to each one, then gouda cheese and then add 1.5 pieces of bacon on each Engish muffin. Serve immediately or store in a tightly sealed container or zippered plastic bag. It can be reheated and very useful for very busy mornings!
For the full post, visit The Little Kitchen.
Compensation for this post was provided by Cobblestone Bread Co. via AOL Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Cobblestone Bread Co. or AOL.