Bacon & Egg Rolls with Almond & Chilli Pesto
Serving Size: 2
Just imagine a soft, oozy egg on top of crisp, salty bacon in a soft roll flavoured with chilli, basil & almond pesto. Simple and perfect.
- 3.5 Ounce blanched almonds
- 0.5 cup grated Pecorino cheese
- 0.5 cup olive oil
- 1 chili, roughly chopped
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 2.875 Ounce basil leaf, stem removed
- To make the pesto, combine all the ingredients except for the oil in a food processor and process until everything is finely chopped. With the blade running, slowly pour in the oil until you reach the desired consistency. I like a thicker pesto.
- To assemble the rolls, place some fresh watercress on the rolls followed by the cooked bacon, fried eggs and finally some of the pesto.
- Serve immediately.
Read more from Simply Delicious.
- 2 bread rolls
- 2 egg, fried
- streaky bacon, cooked to your preference
- fresh watercress