Bacon Cheddar Scones
These will definitely be making it into the frequent rotation. They were just the right amount of salty-savory for the morning.
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 2 tsp sugar
- 0.5 stick cold butter
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 0.33 cup chopped green onion
- 3 slice cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1 cup half & half
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees, and mix your dry ingredients together (besides the cheese, onions and bacon). Crumble the butter into the flour mixture with your fingers or a pastry cutter.
- Once you’ve crumbled the butter, add the good stuff (cheese, bacon, onions) and stir to make sure everything is coated in flour. Then, slowly add the half and half until the dough comes together. It should not be a wet dough, and if you think it will be too wet, don’t add all of the half and half. If you’ve gone too far, just add a little bit of flour. It should be easily handle-able and not sticky.
- Flatten the dough into a round, 1.5-inch-thick disc and use a pizza cutter to slice into six wedges. Bake for about 20-25 minutes.
Read more from pdxfoodlove.