Bacon and Egg Breakfast Pizza
- 8 large egg whites, lightly beaten
- 0.25 tsp salt
- 0.125 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp grated fresh parmesan cheese
- 1 Can (8 ounce) reduced-fat refrigerated crescent dinner roll dough
- cooking spray
- 1 cup frozen shredded or diced hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 6 slice center-cut bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup reduced-fat shredded extra sharp cheddar cheese
Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
Unroll dough, and separate into triangles. Press triangles together to form a single 10-inch round crust on a 12-inch pizza pan coated with cooking spray. Crimp edges of dough with fingers to form a rim.
Top prepared dough with potatoes, bacon, and cheddar cheese. Carefully pour egg whites over cheese; sprinkle with salt, pepper, and Parmesan cheese.
Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 23 minutes or until crust is browned. Cut into wedges.
*Young chefs can unroll the dough and help top it with toppings.
Recipe from The Ultimate Kid-Approved Cookbook by Editors of Cooking Light Magazine/Oxmoor House, 2011.