Bacon and Basil Scrambled Eggs
The basil and garlic flavors were meant to be together and provided their own level of awesomeness. This dish is way yummy.
- 0.5 Pound bacon, sliced into 1½-inch pieces
- 4 Tbsp used Star Fine Foods Grilling Garlic Infused Oil, divided
- large eggs
- 0.75 cup shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- 0.25 tsp salt
- 0.125 tsp pepper
- 0.25 cup basil, cut into ribbons
- 4.25 inch slices of a large, sturdy toma
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the bacon in it until crispy. Remove the bacon with a slotted spoon and drain the drippings. Add one tablespoon of Star Fine Foods Grilling Garlic Infused Oil and swirl to coat (at this point, you're coating the skillet with flavor more than non-sticking it).
- Reduce the heat to medium-low. In a medium bowl, lightly whisk together the eggs, ½ cup Swiss, salt and pepper, and basil. Pour the mixture into the hot skillet and, using a Silicone spatula, move the eggs around, being sure to scrape them off the bottom.
- When the eggs are just beginning to set, add the bacon and fold them into the eggs. Once done to your liking, remove the eggs to a platter and cover to keep warm.
- Sprinkle the tomato slices with salt and pepper.
- Add the remaining Star Fine Foods Grilling Garlic Infused Oil to the skillet. When hot, lay the tomatoes in the skillet and let cook for a minute or two, then flip and cook for an additional minute.
- To assemble the meal, divide the eggs between four plates. Top each with a slice of tomato. Season with salt and pepper as desired, then sprinkle each tomato with the remaining Swiss cheese. Serve.
For the full post, visit Taking on Magazines.