Baby Shells with Butter Toasted Tomato Sauce & Fresh Ricotta
Serving Size: 4
- 1 28-oz. can whole peeled tomatoes
- fresh basil
- Finely grated Parmesan (for serving)
- 12 Ounce baby shells
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 0.5 tsp crushed red pepper flakes plus more for serving
- 0.25 cup (½ stick) salted butter, cut into small pieces
- 2 anchovy fillets packed in oil (or 1 tsp anchovy paste)
- 8 garlic cloves, peeled, crushed
- fresh ricotta (the good stuff from your local cheese store!)
- Preheat oven to 425°. Combine tomatoes (crushing them with your hands), garlic, anchovies, butter, and ½ tsp. red pepper flakes in a 13×9” baking dish; season with salt and black pepper. Roast, tossing halfway through, until garlic is very soft and mixture is jammy, 35–40 minutes. Using a potato masher or fork, mash to break up garlic and tomatoes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water, stirring occasionally, until al dente. Drain, reserving ½ cup pasta cooking liquid.
- Return pasta to pot and add tomato sauce and pasta cooking liquid. Cook over medium-high heat, tossing until sauce coats pasta, about 3 minutes. Serve topped with Parmesan, a dollop of ricotta, and fresh basil.
For the full post, visit Clara Persis.