This clever recipe treats avocados much like steak tartare, dicing them very fine and tossing them with capers, onion, mustard and Worcestershire sauce.
- 2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 medium Hass avocados, peeled and finely diced
- Freshly ground pepper
- Kosher salt
- 3 drops of Worcestershire sauce
- 0.5 small jalapeño, minced
- 1 Tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 Tbsp drained capers
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard, plus more for garnish (optional)
- 2 Tbsp minced red onions
- Toasted baguette slices, for serving
- In a medium bowl, stir the olive oil with the onion, mustard, lemon juice, capers, parsley. Stir in the jalapeño and Worcestershire sauce and season with salt and pepper. Gently fold in the avocados. Mound the tartare in the center of plates and place a dollop of mustard in the center of each mound. Serve with toasted baguette slices.
Recipe Credit: Kay Chun
Image Credit: Christina Holmes