Avocado-Green Pea Salsa
This unusual, colorful salsa combines green peas and creamy diced avocado with a hit of lime. It’s outstanding with baked rice dishes like arroz con pollo.
- 1 cup fresh or thawed frozen peas
- 1 small red onion, minced
- 0.25 cup fresh lime juice
- Kosher salt
- 3 Hass avocados, peeled, pitted and finely diced
- 0.25 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- In a medium saucepan of salted boiling water, blanch the peas until crisp-tender, about 1 minute. Drain and cool under running water, then drain on paper towels.
- In a bowl, mix the onion with the lime juice and 3/4 teaspoon of salt; let stand for 10 minutes. Fold in the avocados, peas and oil, season with salt and serve.
Make Ahead: The salsa can be refrigerated overnight.
Recipe Credit: Jose Enrique
Image Credit: Con Poulos